News & Events
Increased scope of Digital Marketing during the covid 19
- December 18, 2020
- Posted by: elanwp
- Category: Digital Marketing blog
Business world today is rapidly changing and it is really difficult to predict the trends. Digital Marketing gives us the scope to measure the trends of change in businesses.
With the outbreak of COVID 19 the businesses rapidly increased their digital-marketing/ expenses. The businesses that have failed to adapt with the changes are failing to survive the competition.
The major reasons for the Increased scope for digital marketing during COVID 19 are as follows
1. The outlets were shut down due to which retail sales were affected. This encouraged businesses to sell through online platforms. And thereby increasing the expenditure on Digital Marketing.
2. Social media marketing emerged as the most important tools to generate leads and close sales. Due to covid 19 the expenditure on social media marketing has grown more than ever.
3. OTT platforms have seen a 113 percent rise with the outbreak of covid 19. As the movie theaters are closed customers got themselves involved with the OTT platforms to kill their leisure time
4. Online gaming advertisements and engagement has also seen a 76 percent rise.
5. Major e commerce brands are delivering over 283000 orders everyday. And therefore the scope of using digital technology has been an important part in day to day activities of many businesses.
Impact of Lockdown
Due to the outbreak of COVID 19 as there was a complete distortion in the channels related to live events and conferences, and also lack in face to face interactions posed an enormous challenge for the people and gave the opportunity for businesses to come up with some new strategy.
Businesses engaged themselves more through the medium of the internet and therefore the role of Digital Marketing and it’s platforms increased drastically. The small businesses that even lacked a Facebook page before had to move into social marketing, content marketing, SEO and influencer – led campaigns.
Different Market Segment
A key factor in resilience is adaptability. There’s an opportunity for both B2B businesses and B2C customers to come up with innovative ideas to tap the market through their social media presence.
Coronavirus has changed the way that consumers shop. Approximately 47% of polled respondents stated that they are avoiding malls and shopping centers. On the other hand, SEO is undergoing an equally strong uptick, with some brands reporting a significant increase in their organic search visibility from January to March 2020.
Building Social Media Presence:
With business social media accounts, COVID 19 gave opportunity to ramp up the content and conversations. More and more people are dealing with self-isolation and social distancing by going online to get the latest news, seek information, and entertain themselves.
Businesses adopted several steps to ramp up the traffic on their website-
- Building Quality Content– The business engaged themselves serving the audience with content that best engages their readers. This has become a vital part of any business to get traffic through engaging customers through their blogs.
- Creating advertisement campaigns online – The thought of running an online advertising campaign can be overwhelming for companies that have always thrived from word-of-mouth. While they can ask customers to tell friends and family that they’re still in business, a campaign can spread the news much faster, and with less effort.
- Coupons – Most customers find coupons irresistible, whether they’re in print or digital form, which is why they’re an essential marketing tool. There are dedicated services like Easy Promo and Woobox that let businesses design and distribute their own coupons. They can use different codes for different advertising campaigns in order to identify which ones get the most attention.
There are different Ed-Tech firms that are giving opportunity to learn to maximize their social media presence through effective use of digital-marketing/ Technique.
To know more visit our website>
Visit our other website for more details>