News & Events
Tips to ace the SSC CGL exam?
- October 29, 2021
- Posted by: elanwp
- Category: Govt Job Blogs
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is a combined graduate level examination for different posts in Central govt. It recruits staff to various posts in ministers , departments & organisations of the GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.
Examination pattern :
The examination will be conducted in 4 tiers:
Tier -1 – Computer Based Examination
Tier -2 – Computer Based Examination
Tier-3 – Pen & paper based
Tier -4 – Computer skill test
2. Exam duration
Tier -1. – 60min
Tier -2. – 120 min/paper
Tier -3. – 60min
3. Number of questions
Tier -1. – 100
Tier -2. – 500
Tier -3. – 1
4. Type of questions
Tier 1- MCQs
Tier 2 – MCQs
Tier 3 – Descriptive
The minimum age to apply for SSC CGL exam is 18 years.
Candidates at least possess a Bachelor’s degree to apply for exam
Tips to ace the exam
1.The important factor in quantitative aptitude is to learn the mental calculation & shortcut methods
2. Regular reading is required to perform well in English language portion . Magazines , newspapers , Articles are good sources . To develop the habit , start with you dearest genre , it will be a boost in your interest
3. Consistency is the key to confidence. Unless required practice is done , you won’t get the pleasing outcomes. Rigorous practice does not mean giving 1 day to a subject , the whole day you keep practicing the same . Daily practice of numerous questions will be helpful in the competitive exams
4. Build your concepts : Having conceptual knowledge is the prior need to solve any other level question in the respective subjective.Switching to shortcuts & tricks can be possible only after developing a command on concepts.
5. Not only allotment of time on each subject is needed but each and every question should be done according to appropriate time .
6. Flashcards would be helpful for building new vocabulary.
7. Focus should not be overlapped , focus on one thing at a time. Grabbing 2-3 different topics at a time & ending with acquiring little of everything would not work
8. Make a notebook, note while learning would be the best formula to retain for later. Even revising from your handwritten notes also showed the proven results.
9. Plan giving mocks monthly, weekly & later daily. The analysis is the only way which assists us with our weaknesses & strength.
10. Join coaching which provides you flexible timings & which gives you one-to-one guidance.