News & Events
What are the biggest lies told in the Indian IT industry?
- July 2, 2021
- Posted by: elanwp
- Category: Technology Blog
Initially in the early 2000s when the IT industry came in with lucrative pay packages and beautiful campuses were Show Off. Students and youth flocked to the big Indian giants like Infosys, Wipro, TCS, etc. With the advent of the new millennium, we saw a huge boom in the IT sector and the time has come the IT industry is arguably the largest employer in this world. Each day is bringing a new dimension to our knowledge and we are challenging ourselves to create newer technology each day. But where so much money and growth is involved we also need to do a bit of analysis and question ourselves.
Lets see the biggest lies told in the IT industry-
- Every It professional comes from an Engineering background: Just sit back and have chill! There’s hell lot of positions, designations and departments other than development and testing. So not necessarily you need to be an engineer. If you are a commerce grad, MBA, Science Scholar, statistician or even from a medicine background (a lot of IT companies have in-house medical stuffs.
- It’s all about sitting all day long in front of a laptop: It’s way too more than sitting all day in front of laptop. Yes, most of the employees put their eyes on a laptop most of the times, but it’s not the case for teams like sales, marketing, operations, HR etc.
- There is not enough job it IT and it is facing a recession till 2008: You need need to know more about the real scenario if you still think that there is not enough IT jobs. IT industry is one of the largest industries in the world in terms of business, growth and, employment. And its evergreen, IT industry is flourishing everyday even in the pandemic its has shown development.
- US is the hub for it and thus everyone runs behind an onsite at the States: Yes, most of the world’s leading IT companies (both corporates and start ups) are headquartered at the US, but there are a lot of companies in all the other countries who are doing really good. Countries like Slovakia, Germany, Philippines, South Africa are also coming forward nowadays with varieties of ideas and services, thus making the industry wider and stronger outside the States.
- An IT professional means a well dressed man or woman in proper formal: Well, it’s more on your dressing sense and comfortability. Some companies of course insist their employees to follow some dress code(it’s not proper formal though) but majority of the companies now don’t follow it. In companies like Facebook, Google, Amazon and a lot of other start ups, mid level companies and product MNCs you can just walk in with a shorts and trousers. Although it’s on you depending on the day. For example, you won’t wear a three quarter if you are in a client or business meeting.
- If the company is not a brand it won’t pay you well: You have the concept called start ups dude! Grow up, they actually pay lot more than bigger companies and service based MNCs, provided you have the potential.
- Boring IT job…: Depends on what you want and what are you doing. I’ve seen people who complain a lot on the same, and people who actually enjoy every bit of it. It depends upon individual about how they take it.
We need to understand that the time has come for a Paradigm shift where the interests of the society are changing with each day and are becoming more challenging.We need to create a balance between satisfaction and growth. Both the education system and the Industry need to hold each other’s hand so that we change the existing scenarios.