What is AngularJS?
Angular JS is an open-source web application framework. It was originally developed in 2009 by Misko Hevery and Adam Abrons. It is now maintained by Google and by open-source communities to address any new updates and bugs. AngularJS is a framework for dynamic web applications that let the user use HTML as the template language (converts the static HTML to dynamic HTML). It uses data binding and dependency injections which stop a user from writing unnecessary code. AngularJS is mostly used for building web applications on MEAN stack which consists of MongoDB database, Express.js web server framework, Angular itself and Node.js server for providing runtime environment.
Why is AngularJS?
Over the years, Angular framework has created a tremendous impact in eliminating unusable code and ensuring faster implementations. With its rapid evolution in the software industry from Angular JS (2010) to Angular 5(2017), it is one of the most widely used frameworks for front-end development. According to a survey in the year 2016 about 44.3 percent of software engineers are employed to work on AngularJS for UI creations. This massive impact in software industry is because of some of its key features which makes it unique:
- Support System: Angular is developed and assisted by Google every six month for its regular updates. Being an open-source framework, it has a huge collection of developers available globally in major platforms such as GitHub, Stack overflow etc.
- Woks on client side: Angular is mostly used for front end development which allows a user to use it for client-side validations which also decrease the load on a server and makes the loading time faster.
- Modularity: Angular manages its code into buckets, directives, pipes, components or services which makes the code more readable and allows the user to report bugs.
- Filters: Angular directory offers the developers with different kinds of filters for alphabets, numbers, dates and much more, which in turn help a user to maintain a clean code so as to detect any error with much ease and efficiency.
- E-books –
ANGULAR JS: Programming by Ray Yao –
Beginning AngularJS by Andrew Grant –
Learning AngularJS by Ken Williamson –
AngularJS web Application Development Cookbook by Matt Frisbie –
Full Stack AngularJS for Java Developers by Ravi Kant Soni –
- Videos –
- Angular Tutorial for Beginners: Learn Angular & TypeScript – https://youtu.be/k5E2AVpwsko
- AngularJS Tutorial 1: Welcome to Angular JS! – https://youtu.be/s3qZF4jhgDo
- Learn Angular – Full Tutorial Course – https://youtu.be/2OHbjep_WjQ
- Angular 8 Tutorial, Create Angular Project from Scratch, Angular Training – https://youtu.be/pTec1e8oyc8
- Top 10 Tips for New Angular Developers – https://youtu.be/FQc55WWUsXI
Important tips for AngularJS
- Many developers recommend to use LESS for web development with Angular JS as LESS is a CSS pre-processor and it also provides features like operators, mixins and functions.
- We can take the advantage of one time binding if we are using an older version of AngularJS.
- Using chrome DevTools profiler and timeline, we can find the performance bottleneck which guides us to optimize our efforts.
- Using Lodash, we can quickly rewrite our application’s logic to improve the built in Angular JS methods. It also enhances the application’s performance.
- Online courses: There are variety of free courses available which you could choose for learning AngularJS