1. What is SSC MTS?
SSC MTS or Staff Selection Commission-Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff Examination is a national level exam conducted by SSC for recruitment of candidates in General Central Service Group-C non-gazette, non-ministerial posts in various ministries, departments and offices of Government of India. Candidates recruited as multi-tasking staff by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) fall in Pay Band-1 (Rs 5,200-20,200) + Grade Pay Rs 1,800.
Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC MTS exam to recruit General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazette, Non-Ministerial post in various Central Government Ministries / Departments / Offices, in different States/ Union Territories. SSC MTS is a great opportunity for the 10th pass candidates to get a government job in India.
2. Why SSC MTS?
SSC MTS In-Hand Salary
Now that candidates are well aware of the SSC MTS in-hand salary, gross salary and basic pay, it is important for candidates to know that there is a certain deduction in the total salary of SSC MTS employees, these deductions are:
- Income Tax (based on the tax slab)
- Employee’s Provident Fund
- Profession tax (depending upon the city)
SSC MTS Perks & Benefits Apart from Salary
Candidates who clear the SSC MTS exam and join as SSC Multi-Tasking Staff are entitled to numerous benefits and perks apart from the regular salary and allowances. Below given are various benefits and perks enjoyed by the SSC Multi-Tasking Staff over the monthly salary.
- Pension Scheme – the pension scheme acts as complete insurance as it will be available till death.
- Post Retirement Benefit – the advantage of being a government employee is that the person gets to enjoy life after retirement with numerous benefits such as Salary arrears, Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc.
- Medical Benefits – All the employees working as SSC MTS get medical coverage for themselves and their families.
The perks or benefits that are mentioned above for the SSC MTS employees are in common for other government employees as well.
During the probation period, the MTS employees are given fewer perks and lesser allowances. SSC MTS Probation period is for 2 years and is mandatory for the employees to serve.
SSC MTS Posts & Job Profile
Candidates clearing SSC MTS exam should know that the job of SSC MTS is challenging and needs hard work.
3. How to prepare?
- Before starting with preparation, it is important for candidates to be aware of the complete SSC MTS Syllabus and exam pattern.
- Following SSC MTS Preparation Tips provided by experts will help aspirants to know how to utilize their time for preparation and how to improve their speed.
- Here, we have provided subject-wise SSC MTS 2020 Preparations Tips. Start your preparation well in advance to score good marks in the exam.
- Candidates can download the SSC MTS Preparation Notes and plan their preparation accordingly to better succeed in the exam.
- Before preparing the topics, get clarity on concepts and then proceed with the questions.
- Achieving and scoring good marks in SSC MTS in two months is not a daunting task, if you are well- prepared for the topics/chapters from each section of the exam.
- Read English newspapers regularly, this helps in scoring good marks in the English Language and General Awareness. You will be updated with current affairs and will improve your reading speed and vocabulary on the same hand.
- Attempt one mock test a day and analyze your mistakes. With daily practice, rectify your mistakes and gain mastery over your strong areas.
- Remember SSC MTS Tier 1 marks will be going to add in the final merit list of SSC MTS 2018-19. Don’t aim to clear the cut-off, aim to score higher marks in the exam
4. Important materials:
SSC MTS Paper-I Syllabus for English Language
Questions asked in English Language section of the paper are simple and of a level that an average Class 10 student is able to answer easily. Topics from which questions are asked in this section include:
|Basics of English Language||Vocabulary|
SSC MTS Paper-I Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
Questions asked in the General Intelligence & Reasoning section are non-verbal considering the functions attached to the post. Topics from which questions are asked in this section include:
|Similarities and Differences||Space Visualization|
|Visual Memory||Discriminating Observation|
|Relationship Concepts||Figure Classification|
|Arithmetical Number Series||Non-Verbal Series|
|Abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions|
SSC MTS Paper-I Syllabus for Numerical Aptitude
Questions asked in the Numerical Aptitude section are simple and of Class 10 level. Topics from which questions are asked in this section include:
|Number Systems||Computation of Whole Numbers|
|Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers||Fundamental Arithmetical Operations|
|Percentages||Ratio and Proportion|
|Profit and Loss||Discount|
|Use of Tables and Graphs||Mensuration|
|Time and Distance||Ratio and Time|
|Time and Work||–|
SSC MTS Paper-I Syllabus for General Awareness
Similar to English and Numerical Aptitude sections, questions asked in General Awareness are also of Class 10 level. The questions are designed to test a candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test a candidate’s knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects. The section will include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries pertaining to the following:
|Economic Scene||General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.|
SSC MTS Syllabus for Paper-II
SSC MTS paper-II is a descriptive test in which candidates have to write a short essay or letter. The test aims to test a candidate’s basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post. The test is set in English, Hindi and other prescribed regional languages
SSC MTS Paper I: Best Books
SSC MTS 2019 Paper – II: Best Books
The list of best books for Paper – II is presented below:
|Descriptive English Language|
|Descriptive English||Word Power Made Easy|
|151 Essays||General English English-Hindi Edition|
|Descriptive Hindi Language|
|Lucents Samanya Hindi||Lucent’s Samanya Gyan|
|Samanya Hindi Avam Nibandh||Aadhunik Hindi Nibandh|
How to prepare in 1 month:
Exam preparation strategy:
How to crack the exam in first attempt:
Exam preparation tips:
How to prepare for the exam:
5. Previous year question paper with answers:
2017 question paper:
2014 question paper:
2013 question paper:
Sample paper 1:
Sample paper 2:
6. Important tips:
- Do not be in a hurry while solving General Reasoning questions.
- Try to understand the pattern of the question properly before jumping to find an answer.
- Moreover, this section is easy and it can fetch you good marks in SSC MTS 2020 exam.
- Try covering at least 4 topics from the reasoning section every day.
- Refer to the study material to understand the core concepts of the logical reasoning section.
- When starting your preparation for the day, revise the topics you covered on the previous day.
- Candidates need to practice at least 2-3 essays daily.
- Do not use unnecessary words while writing an essay.
- Try to write essays on online platforms and that will help build your typing speed.
- Present the essay in the right format that includes an introduction, the main concept, positive aspects, negative aspects, and the conclusion.
- Avoid writing the same point more than once.
- Maintain a neutral tone throughout the essay.
To get more information about exam, check the link below: