- What is J2EE?
J2EE represents Java 2 Enterprise Edition. This framework is platform independent and has an environment that is Java centric. It helps in building, developing as well as deploying various web-based application enterprises through online medium. J2EE platform contains a wide range of services and protocols. These help in providing a variety of functionalities to support the development of web-based applications that are developed in a multitiered manner. The platform successfully adds capabilities that are required to complete, stable as well as secure the Java framework. It also helps in fastening the framework at enterprise level.
J2EE is known to support pure HTML along with Java applications or otherwise known Java applets. This platform relies on the server page and servlet code of Java that helps in creating HTML or different format data for various clients. The J2EE application model successfully divides the enterprise application into few fundamental parts namely, components, connectors and containers. The components are important for the application developers while the connectors as well as containers are used by the system vendors as it helps in concealing complexity and promoting profitability.
- Why J2EE?
J2EE is known to draw the important strengths of Java but it is viewed in a bigger enterprise concept. The major benefits that J2EE can provide are listed below:
- The enterprise applications with respect to this are reliable as well as secure. They are also efficiently scalable.
- The platform can help the productivity and efficiency of the programmer to a great extent as it is quite easy to understand and learn. It can be used with the help of Java language.
- It is very compatible as it can work on different platforms.
- Its portability with respect to different machines, servers as well as vendors cannot be ignored.
- It allows different multi-tiered applications in which all the different tiers can perform different functionalities.
The simplified architecture as well as development of the platform is one of its greatest advantages. It can help in labor division and dynamic assembly conditions. The J2EE platform can meet different variations in demand as a result of its scalability factor. The presence of integration APIs are of great help as it helps in integrating with the already present information systems. It has a flexible model of security and can support a wide variety of requirements as far as security is concerned.
- Important Materials
The J2EE architect’s handbook: how to be a successful technical architect for J2EE applications by Derek C. Ashmore –
Sun Certification Training Guide (310-080): Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) Web Component Developer by Alain Trottier –
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE Study Guide by Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara –
JDBC 4.0 and Oracle JDeveloper for J2EE Development: A J2EE developer’s guide to using Oracle by Deepak Vohra –
J2EE Open Source Toolkit: Building an Enterprise Platform with Open Source Tools by John T. Bell & James Lambros & Stan Ng
- Advance Java Tutorial , J2EE, Java Servlets, JSP, JDBC –
- Advanced Java Concepts , J2EE –
- Java training , Java Tutorial for Beginners ,J2EE Training Videos –
- Java Training Videos For Beginners , J2EE Training Tutorial –
- Java J2EE Training for Beginners by Minds Mapped –
- Important tips in J2EE training
J2EE has a number of APIs as well as specifications that address a variety of challenges that a person encounters in case of enterprise application development.
- The knowledge of core Java is needed in-depth so as to become a J2EE developer.
- Technologies like servlet, JSP, EJB, Tomcat, Web Services are important for the individuals who want to emerge as good J2EE developers.
- The basic requirement to learn J2EE includes knowing about HTTP. The concepts like sending requests, processing it and serving the response comes into play in this situation.
- It is wise to merge practical learning along with theoretical learning. Along with studying about J2EE, it is good if a person builds something taking into consideration the concerned framework.
- With time, try to build something bigger and make a practice to grow this with time. keep a check on the bugs and try to rectify it within time.
With proper practice and time, it is possible to become a Java ninja. It takes a lot of efforts to build control and efficiency while building the program.