- What is Japanese N4?
Japanese N4 is a great method for the learners to know about beginners as well as semi-intermediate level of Japanese vocabulary. This level can help them gauge their understanding of Japanese N5. The N4 level deals with around 300 kanji including the hiragana and katakana. N5 has more kanji with furigana while it is not the same with N4 level. The N4 level of Japanese level deals with more phonetic aspect of the language. The individuals in this level focus on the phonetic aspect and try to understand it well. The listening part of Japanese N4 level deals with the ability of a person to comprehend and understand the conversations about certain known topics or situations. Japanese N4 considers the in-depth knowledge of Japanese vocabulary. The individuals need to understand the differences in the language terminologies that have somewhat the same meaning or use. The knowledge with respect to this aspect is very important to pass the JLPT N4 level. The intensity of the audio is slow in case of N4 as seen in case of N5. But of course, as N4 is a level higher than N5 so the audio is certainly advanced to the audio in N5 level. The individuals gain the ability to speak as well as understand the words having honorific expressions by the end of N4 level.
- Why Japanese N4?
The Japanese N4 level helps the individuals in mastering the basic Japanese that they learn in the classrooms. With the help of this level, the individuals can even broaden their knowledge about the Japanese culture and traditions. This is because the expressions that Japanese use in their way of conversation, it shows their relationship with the person they are conversing with. For those who are interested to know more about the language and take up higher levels, this N4 level works as a stepping stone for them. It increases the scope and knowledge required to take up other exams and finally get through the Japanese N1 level. The level provides retainable knowledge with respect to kanji and other vocabulary words. It creates a studying habit that is quite transferable and beneficial. Some people even take the knowledge of this level as a matter of passion and interest to learn something new. Japanese N4 level helps in gauging the current skill in Japanese that a person possesses.
- How to prepare for Japanese N4 test?
Japanese N4 exam is taken to check the proficiency of the individuals in Japanese exam. It tests the reading and listening abilities of the individuals in Japanese mostly at the beginner and the intermediate level.
- Take the help of flashcards and study the beginner level books. This will help in getting reading for the reading part of the exam. Flashcards help in remembering and memorizing things easily and in a much better way.
- Frequently listening to CDs can help with the listening aspect of the test.
- Take out maximum opportunities to practice because it can help you in enhancing Japanese knowledge.
- Focus on good reading speed along with understanding the words.
- For the listening part, check on Japanese podcasts, radios or any audio form of the language in your free time. This can help in staying in touch with the language and being fluent with respect to conversation.
- Important Materials
Kirari Nihongo (きらり日本語) N4
Japanese N4 book –
Japanese N4 book –
JLPT Level N4: How to Prepare Your Japanese Exam? – https://youtu.be/xqAWbecVnik
Learn All 700 JLPT N4 Vocabulary (Complete) –
JLPT N4 Listening Test FULL with Answers –
All JLPT N4 Grammar – Quick Japanese –
LEARN ALL 800 JLPT N4 VOCABULARY with SAMPLE SENTENCES (COMPLETE)-
- Sample papers for Japanese N4 –
Test question sample – https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/pdf/N4-mondai.pdf
Listening question audio sample – https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/mp3/N4Sample.mp3
Answer key – https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/pdf/N4-kaitou.pdf
Listening question script – https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/pdf/N4-script.pdf
Sample paper – https://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/n4/index.html
- Important tips to learn Japanese N4
- Try to focus on the phonetic aspect of the words and learn more new words than before.
- Listen to different Japanese audio at a slow pace to catch the punctuations and pronunciation. In this way, you can understand the meaning and use the words effectively.
- Reading different books and watching children’s movies as well as different TV shows can prove helpful in getting acquainted with the Japanese language.
- If you get in touch with any Japanese native, talk to them. This will help in building the accent and understanding the expressions well.